Happy Cinco de Mayo! I was up and at ‘em this morning at 4:15 (ok, I hit snooze until 4:30).
Today’s breakfast was baked oatmeal that I prepared last night and heated in the oven while I hopped in the shower.
Apple Spiced Baked Oatmeal
* ½ cup rolled oats
* ½ cup skim milk, plus 2 tblsp.
* A couple squirts of sugar free maple syrup
* 1 generous tsp Apple Butter
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* ½ sliced banana
Preheat oven to 350. Mix oats, milk, syrup, apple butter, and cinnamon in bowl and pour into baking dish. Bake 25 -30 minutes, then add banana and bake 5 more minutes.
I ate half about 45 minutes before the gym and had the other half, with the rest of the banana and a Dunkin Dark Roast at my desk at school. Delish!
Gym today was Day 2- Legs. Our leg day is pretty heavy in regards to the exercises we chose so I usually end up really,really sore. Today I was conscious of the fact that I am running MY FIRST RACE on Sunday and do not want to be sore in any way shape or form (this is my “Don’t do anything Stupid Week” after all!). As a result, I pushed myself as far as I felt I needed to push without overdoing it. Next Leg Day I will definitely be adding some poundage to my lunges and squats!
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, the PTA organized a teacher luncheon. From 11:30 until 12:30 all the teaching staff had their rooms covered by parent volunteers so we could eat lunch together. it was great to see everyone in one place! Usually I only see the thrid and fourth grade teachers at lunch but I got to even see the kindergarten teachers, I NEVER see them!
Lunch was catered by Spinelli’s. There was a GIGANTIC salad with a few cold cut platters and like a million rolls. For entrees there was pasta and marinara sauce, eggplant parm, veal, and chicken Marsala. I had a little bit of the pasta, eggplant, and Marsala, along with a GIGANTIC salad of my own. I ate every bite 🙂
At the dessert table there was a variety of Italian cookies (love!), fudgey brownies (love!), cake, and an Edible Arrangements fruit bouquet. The bouquet had pineapple, strawberries, different melons, and grapes. I had a brownie, a macaroon, an Italian cookie, a strawberry, and some grapes.
We even got flowers! Mine are an orangey-yellow Dahlietta Rachel Dahlia. Just so you know, I have not the slightest green thumb, so I really don’t know what kind of flowers they are, I just copied all the words off the care stick that came in their soil!
🙂 Thank you PTA! 🙂
GIVE PROPS TO YOUR FAVORITE TEACHER: In honor of TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK I’d like you to post a comment about your favorite teacher of all time! Include:
- The name of your favorite teacher
- Where and when you had this teacher
- What was your most memorable moment in their class?/What made them your favorite?
1. Mrs. D’Angelo
2. Matignon High School, my junior year, English class.
3. I am not a confident writer or speaker, and that was no different when I was in Mrs. D’Angelo’s English class. She assigned us to write and present a persuasive argument on the topic of our choosing. I met with her several times, stressing out, making sure my topic was OK, making sure my argument wasn’t going to get me laughed out of school (dramatic, I know!). I BEGGED and BEGGED her not to make me present it to the class, and she wouldn’t budge. She told me I would do just fine. Of course, to put me out of my misery, she picked me to present first, and when it was over she gave me an A, partly because of the writing, but mostly because she knew what it took to get me to present! She even gave us etiquette lessons around prom time, making us pretend we were being picked up by our dates and teaching us how to eat properly! Mrs. D’Angelo always made time to listen to me fret and stress over the little things and offered nothing but kind words and encouragement! Thank you Mrs. D’Angelo!
I know why I am an awesome teacher and I am dying to know what makes other teachers as memorable as me! haha, Joking! 😉