A Serious Case of the Mondays

Thank goodness there are only two Mondays left in the school year (next Monday is a holiday so that one doesn’t count) because I can’t take another one like today!  First off, I woke up this morning, after packing all the ingredients to make french toast at Jack’s and it stuck to the pan.  There was no way to salvage it, and I wanted this french toast soooooo bad!  Booooo!  Then I got in the car and realized that the macaroni and cheese left overs had been in my car all night- that meant no lefts overs for lunch.  Double boooo!

I stopped at Dunks and got a large tea with milk and two wheat bagels with light cream cheese.  I really don’t fancy D.D bagels because they basically sit like a brick in my stomach, but a girls got to eat so I made best with what was available at 6:50 in the morning.  I had one for breakfast and one for lunch.  Too much bagel in one day for sure!

After school I had the longest two-hour meeting I have ever attended!  My head is buzzing with all the things I need to get done before the end of the school year so all I could think about was other things I could be getting done (sleeping on the couch being one of them!).

I also didn’t provision for this meeting and found myself without a tasty snack so I had an Oat and Honey granola bar and a small bottle of water they supplied us with.  No pic, sorry!

I am pretty disappointed with my crappy eating I did today!  I feel blah because the combination of this cold/allergy mess and my food choices!  This is why planning meals is so important to my routine now.  I am so used to knowing what I am going to eat and looking forward to it that when I have to wing it never goes too well!

After my meeting I met my mom for dinner (wooooo for not cooking tonight!) at a local Italian restaurant, Bobby C’s.

I had a few pieces of bread while I decided what to eat.

I also had a garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner was chicken parm with home-made fusilli pasta.  By the time it came out I was semi-stuffed so I ate about half and sent the other half home with my mom to feed my dad (he always gets the left-overs).

Dinner was delicious.  Thanks mom!

I am taking this night to relax and doing nothing.  I felt pretty sleepy and not very energetic all day so I have no problem calling it an early night.  Tomorrow is Running Club, Week 5!  That means I am half way through already!  The girls and I are already making our plan for our race on Sunday.  I want to check the weather when it gets a bit later in the week so I can plan my outfit, pack a bag of clothes to change into for the BBQ after, finalize my playlist for the run (it is going to be soooo good), and decide which snacks to bring with me.

Getting ready for my last race!

What pre-race rituals do you find yourself doing?  Do you usually run with a buddy, listen to an ipod, or both?

Have a good night!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s