Happy Tuesday! I am thinking that I am in a cheery mood because I am looking forward to Week 5 of Running Club. I am officially half way through the program after tonight! Taking a break from the gym this week has been a good way to rest my body, but it has also helped me look forward to running because my body just wants to move and sweat! I use running as a way to clear my mind and am finding that I can not WAIT to run tonight! Tonight may be (dare I say) the first week it hasn’t actually rained on a Tuesday since I started! Woop Woop!
To catch up on all things Running Club, check out my weekly recaps:
I woke up this morning and made my French toast I was CRAVING after yesterday’s attempt at breakfast stuck to my pan. The star of the show today was peanut butter! I put a tablespoon on a paper dish and microwave it for 1 minute, and then I easily spread it on two pieces of whole wheat bread before I dipped it into the egg/almond milk/cinnamon batter. Yum!
Long story short, I THOUGHT I downloaded my pics, I mean I plugged my camera in and hit ‘download’, then unplugged the camera, deleted the pics from it, and realized I didn’t click the ‘keep photos’ button. Sooooo, no new pics from this morning/afternoon. Sorry ;(
- I had my french toast at my desk with a medium French vanilla iced coffee.
- In anticipation of extremely hot temps (Boston could get up to around 90 today!) I packed a very light snack and lunch.
- Snack today will be some fresh cherries I picked up at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday.
- Lunch was a half cup of Stonyfield Non-fat Vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries, raspberries, and dices strawberries. I am also mixing in about a half cup of maple granola I got up in Vermont. It is made by the company Woodstock Granola. What I like most about this granola is that they use natural sweeteners and whole grain oats, and don’t add preservatives, artificial flavors, or trans fats.
- I also packed a bag of popcorn and an apple for a mid-afternoon snack, but failed to take a picture because, as you may know, a 20 minute lunch break goes by in the blink of an eye. Trust me, none of these foods I mentioned lasted very long 🙂
I stopped at the store on my way home and picked up some small groceries since I didn’t shop this week. Dinner tonight is going to be a chicken caesar salad with cornbread. Knowing myself, though, I will want a bowl of cereal after so the salad will end up my lunch!
I have been downing water (ok, ok, I had two glasses) and a half of a Kashi Pumpkin and Flaxseed granola bar (YUM!) and hopefully I will be ready to run in this sweltering heat. Reacp and dinner pics to follow.
Get out there and do something!