I hope everyone enjoyed the sun yesterday! I sure did! Amy and I met Maureen at Long Beach in Nahant around 12.
It was partly sunny and warm. Not too hot and not to breezy. A comfortable beach day I would say. The sun kept ducking behind the clouds but I managed to get some color, a little too much color maybe ;).
I packed my 2 books and 3 magazines, some fruit and water to keep me full and entertained while I got my tan on! I didn’t get too much reading done because people watching got the best of me!
Well, I did get a tan/sunburn. I always forget how much color you can get even when it is partly cloudy! We only sat at the beach for a few hours too. I actually didn’t realize HOW read I got until I got home and changed! Ouch!
I stopped at Starbucks for a grande iced vanilla latte to sip on while I finalized my playlist for today’s 5 Mile race.
I based my playlist on the song “Airplanes” by B.O.B, which is my favorite song. I have refused to listen to it so I’d be psyched to hear it when I heard it today. I actually avoided many songs on the list for that reason- I wanted my music to be fresh and new to me! I didn’t get the BPM (beats per minute) for each song but they are generally around 86-150 BPM, which I feel is a good pace for Amy, Maureen, and I. I hope they like it as much as me!
Haverhill 5-Miler Playlist:
- Human The Killers
- If We Ever Meet Again (feat. Katy Perry) Timbaland
- Spotlight Jennifer Hudson
- Winner (feat. Justin Timberlake & T.I.) Jamie Foxx
- Forever Chris Brown
- Baby Justin Bieber & Ludacris
- Break Your Heart (feat. Ludacris) Taio Cruz
- Beautiful Akon, Colby O’Donis
- Airplanes (feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore) B.o.B
- Insomnia Craig David
- Perfect Gentleman Wyclef Jean
- Not Afraid Eminem
- OMG (feat. will.i.am) Usher
- Put It In a Love Song (feat. Beyoncé Knowles) Alicia Keys
- Rock That Body Black Eyed Peas
- Say Aah (feat. Fabolous) Trey Songz
- ‘Till I Collapse Eminem & Nate Dogg
- Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart Alicia Keys
- Young Forever Jay-Z Feat. Mr Hudson
- Read My Mind The Killers
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup Pom Pomegranate juice
- dash or two of cinnamon
- 2 tblsp whole wheat pancake mix
- 1 tblsp crushed pecans
- 1 tblsp shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350, mix all ingredients, cook for 20-30 minutes. Filling and delicious!