I am going to make this post short and sweet and to the point…
I got a hot bowl of home-made beef stew siting in front of me and I need to eat it and go to bed… I am not sure how much longer my legs will allow my body to move….
I just got back from my first Crossfit class, and let me tell you friends, Crossfit rocks my world...
HOLY COW!!!! 8)
I was extremely nervous to take my first class because:
1) I didn’t know anyone else in class
2) I wasn’t sure what to expect
Good thing Crossfit thought of these fears before me:
1) Tristan, my onbaording trainer, was the instructor for tonight’s class. Ok, I kinda jumped at the chance to sign up for class when I noticed he was the instructor, BUT it was still pretty frightening walking into a room with 5 guys already waiting for class to start. Thank goodness two other ladies showed up so I wasn’t the only one! (I introduced myself to them right away and they were so friendly and welcoming to the “newbie”)
2) They post their WOD (workout of the day) on their Facebook page the night before so I was able to
obsessively research each movement on You Tube. A girl’s got to feel prepared!
Tonight’s workout was titled “Fight Gone Bad” and it consisted of 5 exercises you preformed for 1 minute each. I had to do as many reps as possible (AMRAP) in that time and my reps were kept score on the white board at the front.
There were 8 of us in the class so we got paired up so that we were each starting at a different station each round.
We got a 1 minute break after rounds 1 and 2, and a 2 minute break after rounds 3 and 4.
WOD- Fight Gone Bad
- Wall Ball (10lbs)
- Sumo squat deadlift (20lbs)
- box jumps (20 inch box)
- push press (35lbs)
- jump pull-up
I got paired up with another Crossfit instructor, which was cool. But you want to know the best part? NO ONE EVEN PAYS ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING…everyone is busy busting their own ass in an effort to beat their previous rep. amount. The only competition was between me, myself, and I tonight. Tristan told us to stay in the 5 rep range from the previous rounds for each new round.
Round 1- 65
Round 2- 66
Round 3- 72 (go me!)
Round 4- 63 (not in the range but at least I didn’t puke!)
Round 5- 72 (finished strong)
They took the top 3 rep amounts and totaled it up.
I was very proud of myself after class was over. First because every time I didn’t think I could do one more rep, I did one more rep. (I made a conscious effort to not tire myself out early, but still to push myself as much as possible). But most important of all, I did something I wanted to try, without anyone else! Big steps toward one of my New Year’s goals!
I heart Crossfit! It is just the thing I needed to spice up my fit-life and get me seeing those amazing results I was seeing last summer!
How are you coming with your goals for the year? January is almost over!
Off to eat, then crash (possibly on the couch, haha),