I have never been one to have a New Year’s resolution. Well, not that kind that I actually intended pursue.
But when thinking of how many positive experiences I had in 2010 I don’t see how I couldn’t at least give some resolutions (or goals if you’d rather) a good-ol’-college try. At the very least they will give me some direction this year, and at the most they could make 2011 the best year yet.
After all, I am turning 30 this year (dun dun duuuunnnn) so if any year is going to be the BEST EVER, why not this one???
I have been thinking of writing my goals for the year for quite some time now, and even though I haven’t been blogging regularly I knew that I would be sharing them here….
Hmmm….Where do I begin??
1) BLOG! I really want to spend more time this year blogging. Mostly I envision myself blogging about a variety of stuff: the healthy and not so healthy, the fun, the food, the fitness, new experiences, and old traditions. Basically I will write about what my little heart desires. What I won’t do is promise to post everyday or post everything I do or eat. A lot of the times I am eating the same thing (breakfast is oatmeal, lunch turkey sammie…you get the idea) and there is only so much I can say about yoga. BUT I will let you in on what I feel is worth sharing!
2) Go it alone (when necessary)..Something I know about myself is that no matter how much I’d like to try something I won’t try it alone. And while the power of a buddy has given me the confidence to do a lot of things, sometimes I prevent myself from doing things I really want because I’m scared to try it alone. This year I am going to try to not be such a scared-y pants…
(I obviously shouldn’t be allowed to dress myself though…)
3) Challenge myself physically I need something different to spice up my fit-life because what I am doing now (which is not very much) isn’t cutting it for me. I like being active and it is killing me that I can’t even WANT to TRY to get to the gym in the morning (or any other time fore that matter). My solution? Try something new and train for something big!
“Ask yourself: ‘Can I give more?’. The answer is usually: ‘Yes’.”
-Paul Tergat, Kenyan professional marathoner
4) Read more for fun What is better than being so completely engrossed in a book that you can’t go to bed until you finish it? You know what I mean, those kind of books that you can’t put down but don’t want to finish in fear that you will NEVER find a book that good again? Well, I get that feeling each summer I lay on the beach and each time I take a vacation, but I can honestly say I never have that feeling during the school year because I just don’t want to read. Period.
5) Become a better cook I can cook, but I want to know how to COOK, if that makes sense. Enough of my zucchini lasagna and risotto balls (sorry mom 😉 ). I need a variety. For Christmas I got three new cookbooks from my mom and part of my goals for the year are to 1) not buy anymore cookbooks and 2)not download any new recipes until I can do the following..really well…
~make home made raviolis
~ make a really good pizza dough, from scratch (ditto for home made pie crust)
~ and learn how to make a restaurant chef quality: appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. I haven’t picked specifics out yet….
Well, there you have it…
5 goals I have to make 2011 even better than 2010…
I have other mini-ones that I decided will help make me a more sane (i.e. leave school at school) but above are the ones I am really. truely. going to pursue…
Here goes nothing!
Do you set New Year’s resolutions/goals? What are some you set for yourself this year? Inquiring minds want to know 🙂