Sam Summer, Aquarium, and Doyle’s, Oh My!

I had a pretty amazing weekend.  Hung out with friends and family, enjoyed many tasty beverages, ran 5 miles, got an awesome sunglass tan.  Sunglass tans rock 🙂  Unfortunately it doesn’t photograph too well, I still look winter-pale, so I’ll spare you a picture!

Friday I headed to the mall to find a dress for a wedding next weekend.  I got a black dress from White House Black Market and a pair of kick-ass purple heels from Charlotte Russe.  I feel like these shoes paired with that dress create a pretty bold statement, and even though my right foot barely fits in the shoe, I am going with it!  I will also be sure to pack a pair of Old Navy flippies 🙂

Friday night I met Amy for dinner at Max and Dylan’s.  It was pretty crowded with a random assortment of after workers and post-opening day-ers.  Many of them were already drunk and rowdy.  We situated ourselves at the bar and I had two glasses of Sauvignon Blanc.

Dinner was buffalo chicken mac-and-cheese.  It was amazing, though slightly on the spicier side than usual.  I ate most of the pasta and a couple of pieces of the chicken.

After dinner we headed to the Warren Tavern where we met up with Ali.  We all hit it off and chatted most of the night away.  It is amazing how easily the conversation flowed considering the first time we ever met was Wednesday!  I pretty much ended up spending the entire weekend with her.  Well, we didn’t hang out Saturday, but I think we shared the same post-Friday-fun feeling all day (if you know what I mean).

Saturday I was up and at ‘em (though very hungover groggy from my Friday night festivities) to get my eyebrows done.  Embarrassingly enough I was feeling way to crappy to make it to bootcamp (sorry Tristan!), so I headed to the New England Aquarium with my cousins and brother instead.  First thing we saw were the penguins, then some turtles and a whole bunch of fish.  There wasn’t much to do there (thank god teachers get in free), so we were in and out in about an hour and a half.

After we all headed to the Black Rose for some lunch and some beers (gag).

We shared the spinach and artichoke dip, but it was nothing to write home about.  Very salty, not too creamy.

For lunch I got the most adult thing on the menu: a diet pepsi and a grilled cheese.

On the walk home we stopped at Max and Dylan’s to sit outside and have a couple of beverages.  I love outdoor eating and drinking.  It is seriously the best part about warmer weather (well, besides the beach).  I enjoyed 2 blue moons while we were there.

Sunday was a blast.  I ran the Doyle’s 5-Miler in Jamaica Plain with my friend Maureen, Ali, and her friend Julia.  I love running in groups because chatting the time away goes by so much faster than listening to music!  Let me tell you, it was perfect race weather!  Slightly breezy and just warm enough.  I ran in my new Nike Dri-fit pants and gray t-shirt.  I also ran in a hat but it was so hot I wish I hadn’t.

Before I left my house I devoured a Clif bar.  This is my go-to pre-run food.

I saw runners with numbers up to the 2,000’s and on such a narrow path, many points at the race got congested.  I got stuck behind many strollers and slower runners which was so frustrating.  I was not trying to be a speed demon by any means.  I wanted to go at a comfortable pace where I could still enjoy the experience.

Of course I sprinted which I got to mile 4, forgetting that a mile is still pretty far to go.  At that point I just wanted it to be over with!  When I finished I got into the free beer pandemonium that was going on outside the bar .  It was kind of stressful.  When one of our friends got to the front he just kept handing them back to us.  I ended up with two Sam Adams’.

Mo and I enjoyed them immensely while we waited to meet back up with Ali and Julia.  I also met up with mi familia.  My cousin Carney, her husband Mark, and my cousin Brendan came out (with a cooler).

I got hungry around 2 and went inside to order a pizza.  While I waited I enjoyed listening to the live Irish Band play.  They were amazing- people were dancing and singing at the top of their lungs!  I brought the pizza outside for others to enjoy too!

I headed home around 4 and I was BEAT.  Jack picked me up some food from Kowloon but I was too tired to even eat it.  Ok, I managed to eat a few chicken fingers, fried wontons and broccoli.  But I literally, I went to take a nap at 4:30 and didn’t get out of bed until this morning!  Guess I needed to recover before taking on this last week of school before April vacation!

Phew- that was my weekend.  I got to start blogging on the weekends!  I think this Friday I will instate a “5 Word Friday/Saturday?Sunday” so I can keep ya up-to-date in a more timely fashion.

Crossfit is outside tonight!  Woop woop!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s